Check out the Fiesta 5K Ole this Saturday, May 7th, and support a great cause, The Safari Foundation. ‘Day Of’ registration will be available the morning of the event, so it’s not too late! Due to the popularity of the ¡Fiesta 5K Ole! The 2016 race will have two different “race options.”
Green Wave – This wave will start at 9:30am and is for participants wishing to “race” in the event. This wave will have timing chips distributed along with the typical running bib.
Red Wave – The red wave will start immediately AFTER the green wave. This wave is for all participants wishing to jog or “salsa” their way from start to finish. This is for participants who are not worried about their finish time and don’t need a timing chip. It is recommended that costumed participants, and people with strollers or large groups participate in this second wave. All participants will still receive a participant bib along with the other race goodies!
The Seafair Foundation
The Seafair Foundation, the 501(c)(3) charitable partner of the Seafair Festival, was established in 2008 to create and build opportunities for Seafair’s youth education, cultural, and community engagement programs. The Foundation programs empower future leaders and connect the Greater Puget Sound through unique educational and cultural experiences. The Foundation also believes it is our responsibility to help build better communities and that live events are the lifeblood of our heritage.
The breadth of Seafair and the Foundation’s contributions to the Greater Puget Sound Region is truly amazing. From its inception, the Seafair Foundation has welcomed nearly 2,000 qualified students to its scholarship programs and given approximately $600,000 in scholarship funds, given the gift of boating to the intellectually disabled community, sanctioned nearly 100 cultural and community events, and shown a tradition of excellence granted to us by the Seafair Festival.
Curious to what the Safari Foundation Programs are?
- Youth Education Program – Bringing the science of aviation and hydroplanes, and the community spirit of Seafair to elementary school children.
- Scholarship Program for Women – Enriching the lives of young women in Greater Puget Sound through education, philanthropy, and community involvement.
- Ambassador Program – Developing a passion for building international relationships through cultural exchange and community engagement.
- Boeing Community Events Program – Showcasing diversity, personality, and culture throughout the Greater Puget Sound.
- Holiday Cruise – A maritime holiday gift for the intellectually disabled community.
For more information, or to register for the 5K, check out their website at www.fiesta5kole.com. It’s sure to bring a little spice to your weekend!